JOINT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 171
BOARD MEETING AGENDA
November 19, 2012 -- Cavendish-Teakean School
6:30 PM Executive Session -- 7:00 PM Regular Meeting
- Roll Call
- Call to Order
- Flag Salute
- Approval of Agenda
- Executive Session--In accordance with Idaho Code 67-2345 1. (b). To consider the discipline of a public school student. (Possible)
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of Minutes
- Payment of Bills
- New Hires (contingent upon drug test and background check)
- Jake Nelson Boys’ Basketball Coach Timberline (renew)
- Darv Nelson Boys’ Asst. Basketball Coach Timberline (renew)
- Reports and Recognitions
- Harper Chiropractic donated 86 reams of paper, one for each sports physical they performed (at the reduced rate of $10) for students of the district.
- Building Reports
- Program Reports
- Superintendent Report
- Peck/ENA, We will be upgrading the internet service to Peck from .246 MB to 3 MB in the near future with our new technology partner ENA. The cost will be reduced by about 50% from $902 per month to $450 per month. That is prior to the e-rate reduction which reduces our cost by 78%, or to about $100 per month.
- Public Comments
- Mary Johnson letter concerning policy on knives in school
- Old Business
- Action Items
- Second Reading Policy 1420 (Board Expenses)
- Second Reading Policy 2700P (Graduation Requirement)
- Second Reading Policy 5340P (Evaluation of Certified Personnel)
- Second Reading Policy 7430P )Travel Allowance and Expense)
- First Reading Policy 2385P (Identifying students) Recommend final adoption
- First Reading Policy 2386P (Response to Intervention) Rec. Final adoption
- ISBA Resolutions. NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED;
- that the Idaho School Boards Association work with the Idaho Legislature and elected officials to maximize State revenue for funding Idaho’s public schools which results in actions that actualize K-12 public education as an investment in the educational development of children and the State’s economy.
- that the Idaho School Boards Association will work with the Idaho Legislature to develop a mandatory framework for the annual programmatic and fiscal audit required by Idaho Code, a plan for the periodic renewal of each charter at least every five (5) years, and a mechanism of support to provide resources to fund the obligations of authorizers.
- that the Idaho School Boards Association will work with the Idaho Legislature to allow local school boards to reduce annual instructional hours by up to a total of seventy-two (72) hours to accommodate staff development activities.
- Board Member Comments